Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: potentially REALLY good news from Peekerland.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    as ya'll may or may not know, I quit my job at the curch last month.
    be sending out resumes, etc for a while, and very little reply.

    just 10 minutes ago, the caretaker for our block comes up to our door. seems he's moving to another block, and thus leaving the caretaking position open.
    so he asks if I want the position.

    I say "HELL YES!"

    5 minutes later, he calls me.
    he's spoken with HIS boss, and that guy's arranging a meeting on Monday. our guy told his boss aboot my caretaking at the church, so he knows I have experience. he also said that his boss sounds like he's pretty well ready to hire me right away.

    free rent plus extra cash...works out to the same I was making at the church, with a LOT less work, and better hours.

    the only slight downfall is we have to take his apartment. which is on the 1st floor. so I'll be putting security bars on the windows, I think...
    no biggie, though.

    cross yer fingers for me folks, I fucking NEED this right now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    That's fucking AWESOME man.

    And the bars'll just make shit kinkier! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Good Luck man! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member thatchetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Best wishes and good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks, guys.

    I forgot to add, it's only a 36(?) unit block...small, easy to take care of.
    very little lawn to mow, or sidewalk to shovel. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    the first big chore will be getting the place we're in NOW into rentable condition again... [img]redface.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Good news, Peek! Put Biotron's ass to work on the apartment cleaning. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member *PORTHOS*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2001
    Posts
    4,658
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Great news bro!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ghostdawgg®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    2,309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    And hear I thought you were going to get a sex change operation. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

    Best of luck my friend. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dawgg, that's AFTER I get the new job. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I haven't forgotten yer Bullseye, either, btw.
    he's just waiting for me to have some non-beer money, and he'll be off.
    with a couple little friends.... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member alkoholik's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,089
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    good news,.....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool news!

    I did a gig like that when I lived in Cali.......

    bit of advise-
    I took the on-off switch off my fog lamps & installed it on my doorbell buzzer thing [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •